WE ARE COMMITTED TO CHRIST AND IS SHOWN BY OUR
STATEMENTS OF BELIEFS
Receiving Christ as Lord & Savior (Born Again) – John 3:5-7 New International Version (NIV) 5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[a] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[b] must be born again’.
1. WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT THE BIBLE – The Bible is God’s word to all men. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20- 21, 2 Timothy 1:13, Psalm 119:105, Psalm 119:160, Psalm 12:6, Proverbs 30:5)
2. WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT GOD – God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, Genesis 1:26-27, Genesis 3:22, Psalm 90:2, Matthew 28:19, 1 Peter 1:2, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
3. WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT JESUS CHRIST – Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless, human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all men by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again to earth to reign as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. (Matthew 1:22-23, Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Hebrews 4:14-15, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Romans 1:3-4, Acts 1:9-11, 1 Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:13)
4. WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT – The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian seeks to live under His control daily. (2 Corinthians 3:17, John 16:7-13, John 14:16-17, Acts 1:8, 1 Corinthians 2:12, 1 Corinthians 3:16, Ephesians 1:13, Galatians 5:25, Ephesians 5:18)
5. WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT MAN – Man is made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. He is the supreme object of God’s creation. Although man has tremendous potential for good, he is marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin.” This attitude separates man from God. (Genesis 1:27, Psalm 8:3-6, Isaiah 53:6a, Romans 3:23, Isaiah 59:1-2)
6. WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT SALVATION – Salvation is a gift from God to man. Man can never make up for his sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer for forgiveness can man be saved from sin’s penalty. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith. (Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 14:6, John 1:12, Titus 3:5, Galatians 3:26, Romans 5:1)
7. WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT ETERNITY – Man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and hell are places of eternal existence. (John 3:16, 1 John 2:25, 1 John 5:11-13, Romans 6:23, Revelation 20:15)
8. WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT ETERNAL SECURITY – Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives this security. (John 10:28-29, 2 Timothy 1:12, Hebrews 7:25, Hebrews 10:10, Hebrews 10:14, 1 Peter 1:3-5)
9. WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT THE CHRISTIAN WALK – The Christian life should be a life of sanctification and holiness. Such a life cannot be lived out through a person’s own efforts but is a gift from God, and is a by-product of the presence of the Holy Spirit. (1 Thessalonians 4:3-7, 1 Peter 1:15-16, Galatians 3:3, Romans 6:22)
10. WHAT WE BELIEVE IN WATER BAPTISM – Baptism is an outward sign of an inward change. Biblical baptism takes place after conversion and in the mode of immersion. Baptism is an act of obedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ and is the witness of salvation, not a part of salvation. (Matthew 3:13-17, Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 16:16-34, Acts 2:38-41)
11. WHAT WE BELIEVE AS A WORSHIPER OF GOD – Romans 12:1 New International Version (NIV) – Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
12. WHAT WE BELIEVE AS BEING OBEDIENT TO CHRIST AND HIS WORD – John 14:23New International Version (NIV) – 23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
13. WHAT WE BELIEVE IS BEING OBEDIENT TO THE LORDS SUPPER – The day before He was crucified, Jesus commanded His disciples to continue to observe the Lord’s Supper, or Communion. (Matthew 26:26-30; Mark 14:22-25; Luke 22:14-20)